Mission and Vision
Princeton Academy's mission is to develop young men with active and creative minds, a sense of understanding and compassion for others, and the courage to act on their beliefs.
The school stresses the total development of each child: spiritual, moral, intellectual, social, emotional and physical.
The school's philosophy is rooted in the tradition of the Society of the Sacred Heart, which educates children to become leaders of a just society by adhering to the following five goals:
- A personal and active faith in God
- A deep respect for intellectual values
- A social awareness which impels to action
- The building of community as a Christian value
- Personal growth in an atmosphere of wise freedom
- Network of Sacred Heart Schools (https://www.sacredheartusc.education/page)
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- National Business Officers Association (NBOA)
- New Jersey Association of Independent Schools (NJAIS)
- Philadelphia Area Independent Schools Business Officers Association (PAISBOA)
- International Boys' Schools Coalition (IBSC)
- Council for Spiritual and Ethical Education (CSEE)
- Parent Association for Princeton Area Independent Schools (Princeton Common Ground)
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE)
Leading a national reinvention of boys' education
for a new generation of enlightened men.
We are devoted to nurturing, developing and strengthening young men in mind, body and spirit. By focusing on the interior formation and character development of young men, we work with joy and intentionality to ensure that our students are whole, not hollow, and that they lead lives of meaning and purpose. - Head of School Rik Dugan