Meet Our Coaches
Titles: Director of Athletics and PE Teaching Specialist
Titles: Director of Secondary School Placement & Alumni Engagement, MS Lacrosse Coach, Ethics Bowl Coordinator
Class of 2006
Titles: MS Science Teacher
Benefits of the Teacher-Coach Model in Schools for Boys
- The teacher-coach model provides boys with strong, positive role models who can help them develop the skills and values they need to be successful in life. Teachers and coaches who are trained to understand the unique needs of boys are able to provide guidance, support, and encouragement that can help to build boys' self-confidence and resilience.
- The teacher-coach model allows for a more holistic approach to education. Teachers and coaches are able to integrate academic instruction with character development and co-curricular activities, providing boys with a well-rounded education that prepares them for success in all areas of life.
- The teacher-coach model provides opportunities for mentorship and personal growth. Teachers and coaches are able to provide guidance, support, and feedback that can help boys to set goals, overcome challenges, and build their self-esteem. Boys who have positive relationships with teachers and coaches are more likely to have a sense of direction and purpose in their lives.
- The teacher-coach model fosters a sense of community and belonging. Teachers and coaches who are actively involved in boys' lives can help to build a positive school culture and promote a sense of community among students. Boys who feel a sense of belonging are more likely to be engaged in their learning and to have a positive attitude towards school.
- The teacher-coach model is more effective in addressing boys' unique learning needs. Boys learn differently than girls, and teachers and coaches who are trained to understand these differences are better equipped to provide effective instruction and support. Boys who have teachers and coaches who understand their unique needs are more likely to be successful academically and socially.