The K-8 Journey
At Princeton Academy, we are a K-8 school by design. We believe that in this environment, students thrive and have every opportunity to reach their full potential.
A study from the American Education Research Journal found that students who attended a K-8 school are more comfortable, feel safer, and ultimately perform better academically than their counterparts at traditional middle or 6-12 schools. Our K-8 model provides a unique and supportive environment for boys to thrive both academically and socially. Our focus on wellness and growth allows boys to develop at their own pace and explore their interests, leading to a well-rounded education that prepares them for success in high school and beyond. This focus on the whole child, rather than solely on grades and test scores, creates an environment where boys feel confident and capable of taking on new challenges and exploring their passions. By fostering an atmosphere of exploration, curiosity, and creativity, we ensure that our graduates leave our school with the skills, self-awareness, and resilience needed to succeed in all aspects of life.
I think one of the most compelling reasons to support the K–8 grade configuration is the leadership aspect for students.
Jonathan Bush, Harvard Ed Magazine
Benefits of K-8 Schools
- A K-8 school provides a more age-appropriate and nurturing environment for younger students. In K-8 schools, the academic and social expectations are more closely aligned with the developmental stage of the students. This can lead to a more positive learning experience for students and can help to build a strong foundation for their education.
- A K-8 school allows for a more personalized and individualized education. With smaller class sizes and a more intimate school environment, students are able to receive more individualized attention and support. This can help to ensure that each student's unique needs and interests are met, and can lead to better academic and social outcomes.
- A K-8 school provides a more stable learning environment. With a shorter period of time spent in a single school, students are less likely to experience the stress and upheaval of multiple school transitions. This can help to provide a more stable learning environment and can lead to better academic and social outcomes.
- A K-8 school allows for greater continuity in the curriculum and instruction. With a longer period of time spent in a single school, students are able to receive a more comprehensive and cohesive education. This can help to ensure that students are well-prepared for high school and beyond, and can lead to better academic outcomes.
- A K-8 school provides a more family-friendly and community-oriented environment. With a smaller school community, parents and families are more likely to be actively involved in the school and to have a greater sense of connection and belonging. This can lead to a stronger sense of community and support for students and families.
5 Advantages of K-8 Schools
- Culture of Community
- Continuity of Parent Involvement
- Leadership Opportunities
- Time to Discover Strengths
- Academic and Social Success
Secondary School Placement
Our students consistently earn admission to some of the best day and boarding schools in the world. We work closely with each student and their families to understand their strengths, interests, and aspirations, and then we use that information to identify the secondary schools that are the best fit for them.