Mission and Sacred Heart Goals
Our mission is to develop young men with active and creative minds, a sense of understanding and compassion for others, and the courage to act on their beliefs. As an independent Catholic boys' school, we are committed to educating and developing the whole boy in mind, body and spirit.
Our Founding Mission
Princeton Academy of the Sacred Heart, an independent Catholic lower and middle school for boys, is committed to academic excellence within the context of a faith-based community.
Our mission is to develop young men with active and creative minds, a sense of understanding and compassion for others, and the courage to act on their beliefs. We stress the total development of each child: spiritual, moral, intellectual, social, emotional and physical.
Our philosophy is rooted in the 200-year tradition of the Society of the Sacred Heart, which educates children to become leaders of a just society by adhering to the following five goals:
- A personal and active faith in God
- A deep respect for intellectual values
- A social awareness which impels to action
- The building of community as a Christian value
- Personal growth in an atmosphere of wise freedom
- Network of Sacred Heart Schools (https://www.sacredheartusc.education/page)
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- National Business Officers Association (NBOA)
- New Jersey Association of Independent Schools (NJAIS)
- Philadelphia Area Independent Schools Business Officers Association (PAISBOA)
- International Boys' Schools Coalition (IBSC)
- Council for Spiritual and Ethical Education (CSEE)
- Parent Association for Princeton Area Independent Schools (Princeton Common Ground)
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE)
The Sacred Heart Commission on Goals (SHCOG) initiates, oversees and officially responds to a process of institutional self-reflection, by which each school at regular intervals is able, not only to determine where its strengths lie in relation to the Goals and Criteria, but also to express the concerns it has regarding how well it is living the vision expressed in them. The process aims to enable each school to formulate a plan for what it intends to do to deepen the life of the Goals and Criteria within its community. The mission of SHCOG stems from the belief that a community of educators can renew itself by means of just such reflective self-evaluation that yields fresh insights and recommitment.
We invite you to learn more about Princeton Academy's role in your son's story.
Use the link below to visit our campus to see our lively learning spaces, meet our exceptional faculty and staff, and experience our vibrant culture.
You may also be surprised to learn that, with the help of Individualized Affordable Tuition Program, a Princeton Academy education may be easier that you think.